Monday, April 28, 2008

Reality check ...

OK ... good friends pointed out to me that they think I have set too many big goals at one time ... you can read them in my first post. Said perhaps that I should just pick one main thing and focus on it until it's completed, and then move to the next. I understand, but it's difficult for me ... I'm kind of an all-or-nothing girl. And life tends to work like dominos for me ... if I'm exercising, I tend to eat healthier; if I eat healthier I tend to be in a better more productive frame of mind, etc. and so on.

So, I'm going to try and focus on a couple of things:

Writing the first book, the one about Jane. She is preparing to retire, and one of the things I think would be great is for her to be able to get on a speaker's circuit to talk about her fight against leukemia. Her heart is in it ... she just needs the platform and having her story published will help ... I hope! June 22 is her last day of teaching ... I hope to have an agent by then who is interested in the book. Wish me luck ... say a prayer!

Second ... I am going to get into shape. I'm still planning on signing up for Abe's Army, the 12-week training program for a 10-K race. I have five weeks before the official training starts for that, so I am taking little steps prior to that. Found a 5-week training program to prepare for a 5-K. Started tonight ... today's workout was to be 15-minute walk or cross-training. I took Buddy (our dog) and walked/sprinted for only about 10 minutes (was cold this evening ... we have a freeze warning out tonight). Then I did some basic stuff when I got home ... crunches, pushups, leglifts, stepping, waist whittlers, etc. It's not a ton, but it's a start and way more than I did yesterday.

I had already started doing better with my devotions a couple of weeks ago ... and I'm involved in a friendly Biggest Loser competition at work.

My main focus will be two-fold, get healthier so I have more energy to research and write this beautiful story that needs to be told! I'm on it!!

Good luck with the things you have your heart set on!!
Lisa

No comments: