Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What's been going on?

We are on deadline for the magazine at work. It goes to press tomorrow! So, at work, life is hectic!

Megan came home Sunday so she was here for dinner last night ... which was wonderful. It's actually been a long time since I have seen her look genuinely happy with life, content with where she and Brian are in their journey with their education, careers, future plans, etc. She was smiling with a sparkle in her eyes. When she talked she was excited about life! And she looks healthier than she has in a while. City life in the north seems to agree with her! Mike and I are so very proud of her for the strides she is making to do what she wants! She is halfway through with her master's degree, and thinks she'll get to do some adjunct teaching this summer and next fall! Awesome!!!

Zachary had an interview with a recruiter for a company in Chicago. It's hard enough having one of the kids who has already moved on; so while I want him to be content and loving life, why does it have to be so far away? These crazy independent kids we've raised!! Again, he doesn't yet have a job in Chicago ... but who wouldn't love to have him around working for them?!! And, I don't think I'm biased at all!!! : )

Kristian is working at a Subway restaurant and seems to like it so far! Again ... a proud Mama!! She is starting early with her independence ... she told us last week, that as soon as she is done with high school (in two years) she'll be moving into her own place. Sniff! Sniff! More power to her if she can, though! I think the reality of rent, utilities, groceries, etc., might not be a bit of an eye-opener for her. We'll see ... of all the kids, she may be the most independent! Guess I'd say that was a blessing and a curse!!

As for Mike and I ... we celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary on Sunday! Seems impossible that it has been that long already! We went out with good friends Saturday night who happen to share our anniversary, same date, same year! We had fun and hope to go out more often than on an annual basis!

Headaches ... this is the first night in two weeks that I haven't had a headache. Had me down last week so bad that I wasn't functioning very well. Even went to the doctor twice. They don't know what causes them. I take medication for chronic headaches, but this one was different and lasted longer than any others ever have. They doubled my medication ... started taking it Friday night and it seems to have helped. Have to go back in two weeks for follow-up!

That's it for now ... not too much, but thought I'd update anyway : )

Hope you are having a wonderful week!
Lisa

No comments: