Saturday, July 19, 2008

Family ...

As I was growing up, our family was always very close ... I don't just mean my brother, Mom and Dad, though we were and are. I mean my Grandma/Grandpa, aunts, uncles, and cousins, especially on my Mother's side! She has four sisters and a brother, each of them had a spouse and there were tons of us cousins! We would gather at Grandma and Grandpa's for holidays, special occasions, and most importantly on regular days! We would eat together, play together, go to church together! We laugh, cry, and love! We still do ... and we still surround each other in prayer!!

In the last few years we have gathered only twice for family reunions as we are spread all across the United States. The cool thing is ... when we do gather, we seem to be able to pick up as if time and space had not separated us. I love that!! And I miss all of those gatherings!

Tonight I'm a bit reflective because my Uncle Dean is sick and I want to be around for him, my cousins and especially my Aunt Bernice! They live in Georgia ... I did call Aunt Bernice tonight though to let her know that they are in my thoughts and prayers! Wish I could reach out and give her a big hug!!

Family ... let them know how much you love them!!

No comments: