Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

It has been a good b-day! Mike got me an MP3 player and gave it to me on Saturday (birthday wasn't until Tuesday). He knew that I wanted one so that when I walk by myself I can listen to my music and my podcasts. He even already had much of my stuff downloaded for me!! Way cool!!

It was a great day ... my co-workers brought treats and cards and well wishes. And it wasn't even that they brought treats, but that they worked hard to ensure they were all healthy, because they know I'm trying to be better about what I eat!

At VBS many folks wished me happy birthday and my best buddy (Thornton) brought me a birthday cake, a bottle of wine, and a silly card. It made me laugh! My other best buddy (Tom) called and sang happy birthday to me, and sent me a pretty e-birthday! I also got a lot of b-day cards in the mail from friends!!


My son called and wished me a good b-day and we chatted for a while! AND my brother called and left me voicemail the day before my birthday because he knew he would be working a long day on the actual day, and then sent me a text message on Tuesday! Very sweet!

It's so nice to be loved : )

I'm looking at the birthday as my New Year! I've been trying to make one change at a time to better take care of myself. I have cut Diet Coke out of my diet! I'm drinking water and an occasional glass of iced tea, sans sweetner/sugar! It's only been a week, but hey, when drinking as much Diet Coke as I did, a week without it, and even during VBS, I'm considering it an accomplishment!!

OK ... headed out for a walk with Kristin (friend from work!) It's a beautiful night ... it's a beautiful New Year!! I am so blessed!!

Loving life!
Lisa

No comments: