Monday, August 18, 2008

School Days, School Days ...

It was obvious at our house this morning that today was the first day of school : )

I got up, normal time, went for my walk ... 2 miles today.

Came home ... Mike had already gotten up and was ready for his first day, just finishing up breakfast and then he headed out.

I was in the back of the house after my shower and heard the front door open ... thought perhaps Mike forgot something ... nope ... it was Zach! Wanted to know if the shirt he had on (for his first day of work ... at Chatham Elementary) was wrinkled enough to need ironed : ) I had him throw it in the dryer with a damp towel.

Then I headed downstairs to wake Kristian up at the appointed 7 a.m. hour ... an hour she hasn't seen in some time! Surprisingly, she woke up in a good mood, talked to me and everything : )

Back up stairs to gather all of my things so I could go to work. As I left, Kristian was getting her keys out and getting ready to leave; Zach was having a bowl of cereal while waiting for his shirt. Buddy (our yellow lab) was looking confused ... why in the world was Kristian up and moving, Zach visiting at this bizarre a.m. hour and Daddy already gone.

Love having my family up and moving in the a.m. The hustle and bustle is good ... and everyone having their day's purpose ahead of them!!!

How was your family's first day of school?

No comments: