Sunday, September 18, 2011

Serving an awesome God

It's so exciting when you can actually see and feel God moving in and among the people of His church ... through your church family and your community! That's what is happening at/through Chatham Presby, and it is exciting!

I am pleased that we have people signing up for the First Place 4 Health Small Group that begins Monday, Oct. 3. I pray that it will be a life-changing experience for folks, including me!  All are welcome ... let me know if you are interested in joining!

We have one of our young adults also offering a small group opportunity on Monday nights, starting Oct. 3. Praying that God sends people to each group who will connect with one another and most importantly will connect with Him through these groups.

Leading by example is one of the things that I take seriously. Knowing that I get to lead this small group has encouraged me to kick my workouts up a notch, plus I am more aware of my attitude, thoughts, actions and what I am eating. Yay, God!! What I don't want to be seen as is the "food police!" That is so not the goal and not the role of the FP4H leader or of the small group, in general. This study is sooooo much more than food-focused ... that is part of why I am so excited about it!

Had a great workout after church today, then enjoyed taco salad with fresh tomatoes (likely the last of the season), and then went for a walk with friend, on this overcast, breezy Sunday. Thought I'd take time to update my blog, go to church later to pick up my small group materials so I can do some studying and then come back home to review the materials a bit more and get some writing done (if my stupid arm will allow it).

What are you doing on this Sunday afternoon/evening?

Wishing you rainbows n roses!
Lisa


No comments: