Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Team effort?

And by team I mean Mike (hubby) and me! This eating thing is making me crazy ... in fact, I am so obsessed with it that all I seem to do is focus on eating, and in turn I am eating more. I am at my heaviest ... and it's frustating!

Mike said he'd like to try and cut out refined sugar or at least cut way back. We tend to like a sweet treat after dinner, after lunch, if we are out for a drive ... you get the picture. The other night I made a pan of brownies. We demolished it, and of course topped it with ice cream (not sugar-free, either.) When we fix pudding or Jello, most of the time it is sugar-free, fat free, so we'll be stocking up on the stuff.


Small group on Sunday nights may be difficult as we always have sweet treats ... and we have many wonderful cooks/bakers. I'll just have to politely decline.

So, this week and weekend we will start clearing out all of the junk sweets, cereals, etc. We'll replace them with apples, oranges, bananas, sugar-free treats, etc.

One goal, one step at a time. Together, perhaps we can do it! Anybody have any tips of how you've succeeded in this battle of the bulge? I'm willing to listen!!









No comments: